Another 91 cases of COVID-19 were identified in the BC Interior over the past 24 hours.
It brings the Interior Health region to 5,465 total cases since the start of the pandemic with 1,067 currently active.
According to the BC Centre for Disease Control, there are 30 Interior residents hospitalized due to COVID-19 right now, seven of them in intensive care.
Unfortunately, there were another three deaths to report today, two at Noric House in Vernon and one in the community, which brings the BC Interior’s total to 55 deaths.
“I want to offer our condolences to the families and caregivers who have lost a loved one,” said Susan Brown, president and CEO of IH.
Here’s an update from IH on all the region’s current outbreaks:
- Cariboo Memorial Hospital has 11 staff cases.
- Brocklehurst Gemstone long-term care in Kamloops has 21 cases: 16 residents and five staff, with one death connected to this outbreak.
- Sunnybank long-term care in Oliver has 35 cases: 26 residents and nine staff, with two deaths connected to this outbreak.
- Creekside Landing long-term care in Vernon has 32 cases: 20 residents and 12 staff, with one death connected to this outbreak.
- Williams Lake Seniors Village has two cases: one resident and one staff.
- Noric House long-term care in Vernon has 51 cases: 32 residents and 19 staff, with four deaths connected to this outbreak.
- Heritage Square long-term care in Vernon has 65 cases: 47 residents and 18 staff, with seven deaths connected to this outbreak.
- Heritage Retirement Residence in West Kelowna has 46 cases: 41 residents and five staff, with three deaths connected to this outbreak.
- Teck mining operations has 17 IH cases linked to the outbreak.